Nitric Acid - Process Description
Weatherly has developed the WEATHERLY
Nitric Acid plant design with low capital
cost, high ammonia conversion, low catalyst cost, low maintenance
cost, and high energy efficiency. Weatherly's high pressure mono-pressure design's low operating cost is always competitive with the dual pressure process and depending on specific plant location
circumstances, it may be superior. The WEATHERLY Nitric Acid plant design also improves the advantage of lower capital cost for the single pressure process.
Characteristics of the high pressure mono-pressure process:
- Results in smaller plant equipment.
- Minimizes area requirements for the plant site along with a vertical
- The vertical design and equipment arrangements also minimize piping runs and expansion problems in the high temperature gas
- The facility is carefully designed to provide ample access for
- High energy recovery options can be arranged in various combinations to minimize plant operating and capital
- Consistently high ammonia conversion efficiency and long gauze life.
For more information, please fill in the